item1a1 item1a1a item1a1a1a1 item1a1a1a1a item1a1a1a1a1 item1a1a1a1a1a item1a1a1a1a1a1 item1a1a1a1a1a1a

Bob Egerton has been the Cornwall Councillor for the Probus Division since the first elections to Cornwall Council in June 2009. On 2 May 2013, Bob was re-elected for the renamed Probus, Tregony and Grampound Division. This covers the parishes of Probus, Tregony, Grampound with Creed, and Cuby. See division map. Elections were held on 4 May 2017 for all seats on Cornwall Council. Bob stood again as an Independent candidate in the Probus, Tregony and Grampound division and was very pleased to be re-elected. For details of candidates and results in the Cornwall Council and parish council elections, see elections page.

On 7 June, the new Cabinet for the Council was announced. Bob is the portfolio holder for Planning and Economy.

This website provides information about Bob's work as a councillor. If you would like to contact Bob, write, phone or email: Trevillick House, Fore Street, Grampound, Truro TR2 4RS
Tel: 07785 748844 • Email:

Website promoted, published and printed by Bob Egerton, Trevillick House, Grampound TR2 4RS

Cabinet latest Budget proposals

The Cabinet met on 7 February to debate the proposed Budget for 2018/19 and to make its recommendations to the Full Council meeting on 20 February. Its proposal is for a council tax rise of 5% in the forthcoming year.

Read more


A30 Carland Cross to Chiverton Cross dualling: public meetings in February

Highways England is staging a number of public consultation meetings in various village halls in February to inform Cornish residents of their plans for the A30 dualling project and to get public feedback.

Read more


Possible Wainhomes phase 2 in Probus

Wainhomes has approached Probus Parish Council with a potential scheme for developing a phase 2 in the village. The parish council is holding a public meeting on Monday 19 February from 6.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. in the village hall in order to see what local residents think about it.

Read more


Stadium for Cornwall: possibility of Council financial support for the project Stadiumvisual

Cornwall Council has been approached by the consortium behind the Stadium for Cornwall project to ask if the Council would be willing to invest public money in the project.

Read more



Do you need someone to talk to?

If you are being bullied, or you are feeling insecure and mentally not well, or you are struggling with alcohol or drugs issues, or just need someone to talk to in confidence, there is a number of organisations that can help.

The Samaritans samaritanslogocropped

Telephone anytime day or night free of charge on 116 123



The mental health charity

Telephone 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday
0300 123 3393
or Mind website



Telephone anytime day or night
free of charge on 0800 1111

Anonymous online help for young people at


Rehab for alcoholism

Help for those with alcohol issues at
Rehab for Alcoholism
or telephone 0800 111 4108


Talk to Frank

Help for those with drugs issues at
or telephone 0300 123 6600


Seeds Cornwall

For victims of domestic abuse, help is available
at Seeds Cornwall



Addiction Helper Addictionhelper

Free help for anyone affected by addiction with advice on both NHS & private drug and alcohol treatment options at Addiction Helper

Cookies: important notice

This website,, does not use cookies. If you follow links from this website, you may be taken to websites that do use cookies. When you go to those sites, you need to satisfy yourself that their cookie policy is clear to you. If you complete an online survey from this website, you will be directed to Survey Monkey. It uses cookies and its policy can be found on their site at Survey Monkey privacy policy.


Waste collections

For general information on waste and recycling, see Cornwall Council website

Not sure when your waste is due for collection?

Go to the My Area page of the Cornwall Council website. Here, you can put in your postcode and address. It will tell you information relevant to your address including when your black bag waste and recycling collections are due.

Do you need more recycling bags or the box?

Go to my waste and recycling request and tell me what you need. They will be delivered to you within a few days.

Would you like to purchase a seagull proof sack to protect your black bags from attack by animals?

You can purchase a seagull proof sack for £3.50 from most One Stop Shops or, if you would like me to deliver one to you, complete the waste and recycling request.

Garden waste: would you like to subscribe to the garden waste collection system or renew the subscription that you already have?

Go to the Cornwall Council garden waste order page to order online.

Missed collections

If your waste has not been collected when it should have been, you can report it via the Cornwall Council website missed collections page. If the problem is not rectified or it happens more than once, please let me know.

Is there anything else that you would like to report?

Cornwall Council has a web page where you can report a number of issues that you think the council needs to know about, see Report It!

Planning applications

Would you like to see what planning applications there are in your area?

All planning applications are published online on the Cornwall Council Planning Portal. Follow the link to search for applications. You can make comments on applications, but will have to register with the system first.

Do you want to report what you think is a breach of planning?

If so, please first look at the guidance to planning enforcement

Cornwall Council interactive mapping

Available from the Cornwall Council website is a map of Cornwall that contains a wealth of information about the county. It can be accessed from any web browser at Cornwall Council online map.

Electoral register

Are you unsure whether or not you are on the electoral register?

Just because you are registered to pay council tax does not necessarily mean that you are on the electoral register.

Phone Cornwall Council Electoral Services on 0300 1231 115 to check if you are on the register. You can download a form to apply to be on the register; or you can register online.

Feeling the pinch? Difficulty in paying council tax? Unsure about benefits entitlements?

Cornwall Council has guidance for those residents who are struggling financially. See Feeling the pinch?

There is also a very good guide to the various benefits that may be available at Benefits guidance.

Any problems with this website?

Is there anything that you would find useful that is not on this website? Have you found any mistakes on this site? Are any of the links on the site not working?

Please email me with any comments that you have to

Search this site

Out of hours emergency numbers
item1a1a1a item1a1a1 item1a1a